The Program for Developing Creative Mindfulness
Vision Circles will show you a method to develop a clear vision of your intuited ideals that relate to all the dimensions of your life (personal, career, financial, family, political, religious) and to discover the practical ways to realize them.
The OSCAR method of Vision Circles begins by having you carefully observe your immediate concerns in one or more dimensions of your life and continues in the succeeding steps to exercise your powers of creative thinking, so that you can change ‘what-is’ into ‘what-can-be’.
The purposes of Vision Circles are:
- To learn strategies to identify and clarify your own ideals;
- To show you how to change ideals into action;
- To facilitate dialogue within yourself and with others; to share concerns, ideals and practical concepts;
- To show you how to construct a personal creed by using personal and communal dialogue.
The VisionCircles program is for those interested in developing creative thinking to improve their personal and professional lives.
J.J.McMahon has been a high school teacher, college administrator, professor of philosophy/psychology/education, a school psychologist, a consultant, and a psychotherapist. He has authored five books in the areas of counseling, philosophy and applied psychology.
Books authored by J.J. McMahon:
1. Between You and You: The art of listening to yourself. Published by Paulist Press
2. The Power to Change Your Life. (Co-authored with Kathryn Jason) Published by Doubleday
3. Discovering the Spirit: Source of personal freedom. Published by Sheed&Ward
4. Bergson’s Theistic Evolutionism. Published by University Press of America